I ran out for a little dawn patrol at @ Honolua bay, which was pretty much doing it's thing with some overhead sets connecting Middles to the Cave. While he was definitely feeling the time off the water he surfed all that he was served and left in good spirits. Hmm seemed like we were just surfing here on our honeymoon.
Teena slept in (as much as that is possible with the two munchkins) caught a comp breakfast , looked around the grounds and headed to one of the pools. I showed up just as everyone was coming back to the room. We straightened out the room debacle and headed for rounds two & three at the pool.
This place was awesome, a little tough getting off the beach. I'd been hear way to many time before I and never came close to catching it good. Tired to do the right thing and chat up the some of the locals and that worked out nice because everyone was really nice. A couple of the guys Jerry & Eric seemed to be the heavies (I only say this because they live there and ride for Naish & Slingshot)and gave me the low down. The entire place can be compared to Matanuck on a grand scale. The pro beach is like the cove , EM like the beginner beach. Outside the cove would be deep hole and a whole lot O fun.. Rolling and crumbling waves coming over the reef. I played it pretty safe and rigged the 9m Warro which ended up being plenty.. The one down side is that the trades weren't getting into the inside pro beach but maybe another day..
After that everyone was hungry and it was time to eat. We happened upon a little place called wouldn't you know 'Da Kitchen'. It was authentic Hawaiian food, which ended up being pretty good and perfect for the kids.

1 comment:
Hook those boys up to a mini kite and get them riding! They look stoked and ready to rock! Never mind that TJ only starting walking a short while ago....and we know that RJ has got mad Buzz Lightbeer moves...
Kurt
Post a Comment